Senior Accountant - Expression of Interest
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the accounting information, managing the financial, tax and statutory reporting requirements for the studio.
What you’ll do
- Coordinate the monthly close of the general ledger and prepare journal entries for revenue, FX and expenses
- Monthly revenue recognition, payroll reconciliation, weekly labour posting and journal entries
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations and analysis of key account movements
- Monthly Fixed Asset Reconciliation, CAPEX analysis and monitoring of new asset additions
- Preparing recharges of operational costs to intercompany partners
- Cashflow forecasting and monitoring of bank account movements
- Preparation of Quarterly Business Activity Statements and reconciliation of GST accounts
- Liaise with external auditors during year end audits and work with the Senior Finance Manager to deliver all audit requirements
- Preparation of Annual Statutory Accounts in conjunction with Senior Finance Manager
What we’re looking for
- You probably have 5+ years of post qualified experience in accounting and finance; previous entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and qualified CA/CPA
- Prior audit or tax experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work collaboratively with non-technical employees across the organization and at all levels.
- Able to cope with changes and dynamic corporate environment
- The ability to grasp complex issues and communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.