Coordinates and performs general administrative duties for the department, serving the training and education needs of the staff at Industrial Light & Magic and Lucasfilm. Serves as a liaison and resource for trainees and the training staff, coordinating training requests and needs.
- Coordinates and performs general administrative and support duties for the Studio Talent Group, including working with the Global STG teams to schedule courses and course attendees; scheduling conference rooms, classrooms, and theaters; researching and coordinating equipment moves/purchases and repairs/replacements; and maintaining records of e-mail and other training requests.
- Coordinates Production training programming, including on-boarding and professional development classes.
- Serves as a liaison between trainees and the training staff, observing and communicating training needs and feedback to STG Leadership.
- Prepares and orients new hires to the tech environment. Works with Talent Managers, trainers and mentors to establish training schedule for new hires.
- Updates the Studio Talent Group website as needed.
- Sends out weekly training update to Studio Talent Group alias.
- Ensures instructional spaces are well-maintained and all equipment is functioning properly. Offers troubleshooting and technical support when needed.
- Maintains training class database and calendar making sure all courses and events are entered and accounted for. Assists in the creation of reports and schedules for managers and department personnel.
- Coordinates Enrichment training programming, scheduling sculpting and drawing classes as well as other artistic classes.
- Assists with special projects as needed, including preparations for such events as the Speaker Series, Weeklies, and Disgraph.
- Supports The Jedi Academy junior talent programs including Internships and Apprenticeships, as needed.
- Supports New Hire Orientation scheduling, content and facilitation.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 1 to 3 years of related experience.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with film production/post production and computer graphics required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Interest in computer graphics, filmmaking, and education required.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse personalities.