With an emphasis on anatomy and form, the Creature Modeler will create three dimensional CG characters to be painted, enveloped and animated by the creature development team.
What You'll Do
- Create three-dimensional creatures for the Animator and Technical Director. Employ specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensure that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production.
- In building creatures, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, and a basic understanding of animation.
- Work with production team (Sr. Modeler, Technical Directors and Animators) to identify the “look” for an object.
- Build the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process.
- Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or equivalent with a thorough understanding of anatomy, character design and animation
- Portfolio demonstrating traditional artistic skills including illustration, and sculptural abilities a plus
- Proven experience creating digital creatures or characters in a feature film or production environment
- Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques
- 2-3 years Zbrush, Maya, and facial development experience and/or a demonstrated desire to develop computer skills.
- Knowledge of UNIX is a necessity to navigate through ILM’s production pipeline
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.