We are seeking a VFX Editor to join the team at ILM Vancouver. The VFX Editor sets up and completes all editorial work as requested from a Supervisor, Lead Editor or Production on feature or episodic projects.
What You’ll Do
- Communicate with client editorial team, maintain client cut with latest changes and internal versions from multiple artist disciplines.
- Assist in preparing sequences for client review on a weekly basis.
- QC and ingest plates and on-set reference material provided by clients and scan facility.
- Maintain the in-house editorial database (Shotgun) tracking render lengths and adjusting cut lengths according to client updates for assigned show(s).
- Output visual and audio references of client cuts for artist and production use.
- Provide line-up information for retimes and/or post-moves to artists and supervisors.
- QC Editorial client deliverables and prepare avid media for upload.
- Import consolidated media from client.
- Manage assistant editor(s), delegating tasks and mentoring new skills.
- Show wrap-up duties including various archiving tasks and editing finals and awards reels.
- Perform special projects under the supervision of the Lead Editor, production manager or VFX Supervisor, including show or bidding reels.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years experience as a VFX Editor in a Production and VFX facility environment.
- Previous experience with Avid Media Composer.
- Strong understanding of a visual effects pipeline and team structure.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under tight schedules.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of editorial materials and workflows (e.g., formats, codecs, transcoding, exporting etc).
- Previous experience with Shotgun.
- Strong desire to edit creatively.
- Nice to have:
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- DaVinci Resolve
- Microsoft Excel
- Command-line environments (ie: Linux)
- 3D Stereo experience
- Experience with ingesting performance capture and witness cameras
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.