Studio Production Manager
The Studio Production Manager drives artist utilization and resolves crewing conflicts across the studio, working closely with production and the talent management team at each ILM studio and with the Producer, Capacity, for global utilization plans.
What you’ll do
- Assess New Bids, helps create placeholder crew ramps and provide scenarios to assess whether work will fit into the studio
- Assess Capacity on Awarded work + Growth scenarios
- Review multiple bodies of work and provide assessment when updated crewing needs cause issues
- Raise issues with appropriate Production Team and / or EP and seek to resolve issues collaboratively
- Balance day-to-day needs of multiple projects and crew, informing production, talent management and artists when changes are necessary
- Maintain consistent and updated local capacity assessments to help guide Show / Global capacity decisions
- Maintain overall crew schedule for assigned portfolio of projects in partnership with show production
- Understand artist skillsets and talents to inform optimal talent sharing plans, understand and track casting choices made by Talent Managers to stay informed on show crewing decisions when balancing capacity needs.
- Serve as final decision-maker for tactical capacity and utilization balancing within the studio
- Partner with individual shows on 3PP strategies based on volume and necessity
- Provide consistent reports to share capacity outlook
- Work to define crewing, process and workflow best practices by collaborating with the various stakeholders locally and with global counterparts.
- Provide detailed breakdown to help navigate strategic crewing and capacity decisions
- Proactively create plans to boost artist utilization. Collaborate with local TMs, global counterparts and Production leadership to even out peaks and troughs of capacity across all departments
- Strive to resolve issues proactively and serve as the interface between TMs and production leadership for crewing issues that can not be resolved
- From a neutral point of view, look for solutions to ensure an equitable split of resources between the local shows while balancing the larger studio talent strategy, deadlines and financial targets
What we’re looking for
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications, or related OR you have gained that experience by working in our industry
- 5 or more years experience in VFX or Animation production
- An experienced production expert
- A detail-oriented problem solver who is great at tactical crewing choices and multitasking
- A clear, proactive, and consistent communicator
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.