Senior Creature Modeler
The Senior Creature Modeler focuses on anatomy and form, creates three dimensional CG characters to be painted, enveloped and animated by the creature development team.
- Creates three dimensional creatures for the Animator and Technical Director. Employs specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensures that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production.
- In building creatures, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, and a basic understanding of animation.
- Works with production team to determine the 'look' for an object.
- Builds the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Education / Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant professional VFX experience and at lease a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography or related field; OR at lease 7 years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Portfolio demonstrating traditional artistic skills including illustration, and sculptural abilities a plus.
- Proven experience creating digital creatures or characters in a feature film or production environment.
- Requires familiarity with film and video post-production techniques and with computer graphic techniques.
- 5 years Zbrush, Maya, and facial development experience.
- Knowledge of Linux is a necessity to navigate through ILM's production pipeline.