Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, the compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Alongside Compositing Supervisor and VFX Supervisor, evaluates creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Performs all tasks associated with the Compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on moderately difficult to very difficult shots
- Maintains the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- Ability to work independently and with artists from other disciplines
Reports to the Senior Production Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Compositing Supervisor.
- At least 3 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
- Production experience with Nuke
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong sense of composition, color and design
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
- Familiarity with using Unix systems
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.