Talent Coordinator, Onboarding
As Talent Coordinator, Onboarding, you will partner with ILM’s talent managers, recruiters, HRBP, Studio Talent Group and IT teams to ensure each new hire has what they need to hit the ground running with their technology set up, access to information about issues around hardware deployment, to help navigate any and all issues related to onboarding at ILM. While you don’t have to be an expert in all of these areas, you will need to develop relationships with knowledge holders to effectively react to and triage new hire inquiries.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with recruiting/HRBPs and managers as new hires are secured to help shepherd them through our onboarding process for Talent Management team; assist with offboarding when needed
- Relay any show-specific information to the recruiting team who keeps new hires engaged and excited until they begin with ILM, including information about the studio, what to expect on the first day, etc
- Working collaboratively with Facilities and Human Resources on Employee’s First Day (Studio Tour, IT Setup, Welcome Bag, etc)
- Work with Talent Managers/STG to ensure new employees have a solid onboarding plan into their specific discipline/show with specific milestones throughout their first 6 months-year
- Send out welcome email to Studio – build excitement & tell the story!
- Work with Talent Managers to ensure Tech Team has what they need to make sure all equipment is set up for new hires on the first day (equipment, desk setups, mobile setups, etc.)
- Serve as main point person to manage equipment shipments to employees who are hybrid or remote workers and cannot pick up from the local Studio
- Working closely with Recruiting/STG/HR/IT, you will help identify gaps in the onboarding process or steps that can be made more effective, efficient, and/or create a better experience for our new hires
- Assign mentor to new hires as they come on board, and help manage our new hire mentor process.
- Complete special projects to assist Production team as assigned
What We’re Looking For
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in human resources management or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience with onboarding, project management, HR work, or in a similar role
- Experience with HR standard software, such as HRIS and MS Office
- Experience managing details for larger teams
- Good working knowledge of HR practices and labor legislation
- The ability to work with confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.