Senior Groom Artist - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
With an emphasis on detail, photorealism and strong workflows the Groom Artist will create character andcharacter based hair and fur and simulations for high-end VFX projects.
- Creation of detailed hair and fur grooms for a wide variety of character and creature assets using proprietary software.
- Collaborate with creature development artists to determine requirements for dynamics and layers
- Responsible for guide hairs and styling, as well as technical organisation and layer management
- Works alongside digital asset departments including Modelling, Texturing and Lighting
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Graphics or equivalent or previous professional experience in a related field
- Proven experience within a high-end VFX facility in a similar role
- Showreel and portfolio illustrating knowledge and experience in character development and detail
Required Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics
- Attention to detail
- Proven Groom skills within a high-end VFX production environment
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate complex computer graphics pipelines and transfer skills within proprietary software
- Proficient in Maya, Zbrush
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Ability to breakdown reference images into logical workflow requirements
- Organisation and development of scalable and flexible workflows
Required Technical Skills
- Basic knowledge of scripting and expression syntax
- Comfortable with node based hierarchies and non linear workflows
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.