Training Coordinator - Maternity Leave Cover
Our Vancouver Studio is seeking a one-year contract Training Coordinator to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Training Coordinator's primary emphasis is working with the global Studio Talent Group and Artist Management to assist the training and education needs of employees. Serves as a liaison and resource for trainees globally, local training team and coordination of all training needs.
What You'll Do
- Coordinates and performs general administrative and support duties for the Studio Talent Group, including working with the Global STG teams to schedule courses and course attendees; scheduling conference rooms, classrooms, and theaters; and maintaining records of e-mail and other training requests.
- Coordinates Production training programming, including on-boarding and professional development classes.
- Serves as a liaison between trainees and the training staff, observing and communicating training needs and feedback to STG Leadership.
- Prepares and orients new hires to the tech environment. Works with Artist Managers, trainers and mentors to establish training schedules for new hires.
- Updates the Studio Talent Group website as needed.
- Sends out weekly training updates to Studio Talent Group alias.
- Maintains training class database and calendar making sure all courses and events are entered and accounted for. Assists in the creation of reports and schedules for managers and department personnel.
- Coordinates Enrichment training programming, scheduling sculpting and drawing classes as well as other artistic classes.
- Assists with special projects as needed, including preparations for such events as the Speaker Series, Weeklies, Post Mortem Process and Disgraph.
- Assist with The Jedi Academy junior talent programs including Internships and Apprenticeships, as needed.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- At least 2 years of working experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience within film production/post production and computer graphics preferred
- Exceptional organisational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact well with diverse personalities
- Keen eye for detail, highly proactive and able to remain calm under pressure
- Strong proficiency in G-Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experienced in coordinating events, projects, or large groups of people
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.