Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
- Collaborates with team members in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Expected to “mentor” entry level Animators and must be able to support and assist them with their shots.
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
- Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on show and provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to support the animation team
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in traditional Animation and 3 years experience, or at least 5 years of experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation.
- Expert understanding of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a gentle supervision.
- Good organization and communication skills
- Proficiency with Linux desired. Expert understanding of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.