Technoprops Shop Tech - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Technoprops is well known for our HMCs (Helmet Mounted Cameras), but we also create a wide range of Virtual Production hardware (Avatar), Animatronics (Narnia), Miniatures (Orville), custom electronics, and bespoke hardware and software. As part of the team, the shop tech’s job is lending support and assisting in manufacturing of the many products we are known for, assisting with on-set support, and helping to keep inventory up to date.
What you’ll do
- Work alongside the assembly team to manufacture products
- Keep the shop organized, clean and the inventory system up to date
- Prep gear for outgoing jobs
- Assist the team with on-set support when required
What we're looking for
- Have a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability and responsibility
- The ability to work with limited supervision
- Proficient in common Hand and Power tools
- Soldering and Electrical assembly experience
- Proficient shop math skills. (accurate with decimals and fractions)
- Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Have basic computer experience (Word, Excel)
- Must be able to lift and move parts weighing up to 50 pounds
- An intuitive understanding of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven production environment.
- Collaboration: a readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice.
- Communication: an ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues.
- Empathy: an ability to listen intently and understand others’ needs.
- Creativity: an insightful and analytical thinker, and a creative problem solver
- Nice to have:
- Autodesk Inventor or similar CAD proficiency
- Knowledge of common 3D printing techniques
- Basic electronics knowledge
- Experience using microcontroller production programming tools
- Machine shop or welding experience
- General mold-making and casting techniques
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.