The Artist Manager is responsible for managing the artist and production support groups of Industrial Light & Magic Singapore. This involves consulting with Management, Producers and discipline leads to effectively manage the capacity of the studio through managing crewing, up-skilling and development of artists and production support in delivering exceptional and efficient work for the completion of shows and long term growth of the studio.
- Partner with HR & Recruiting to define and communicate ongoing recruitment requirements and strategies.
- Lead and motivate the artists through managing their performance, development and career plans, including working with training to plan for upcoming show training requirements and ongoing individual up-skilling
- Plan and manage crewing across designated disciplines for both current and future shows, taking into consideration artist capability and development, capacity and overhead aligned to fiscal plan.
- Manage and facilitate the End of Show Performance Reviews for artist and align to the delivery of annual performance reviews.
- Manage artist’s contract renewal in partnership with producers and HR, taking into consideration capacity and crewing requirements.
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations and accountabilities, including conflict management and working relationships to ensure the smooth management of studio productivity and performance.
- Partnering with production to ensure financial management on shows, including effective management of time card entry and leave.
- Partner with studio leadership to forecast studio capacity and skill requirements based on current challenges and future studio requirements based on input from Production.
- Support and promote ILM Singapore best practices across the shows.
- Support ILM’s documentation and dissemination of best practices developed on shows.
Education / Experience
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of related experience, preferably in production and/or Human Resources
- Experience with people from a variety of cultures and in remote locations a plus.
- Significant experience with Microsoft office.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, Power Point, Keynote desired
- Experience building and maintaining high performance teams
- Experience managing a team
- Demonstrates the ability to implement new ideas
- Understand the ILM pipeline and its implication on workflow.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; proven ability to interact effectively and professionally throughout an organization.
- Ability to practice diplomacy, discretion and reliability in approach to work
- Must be a self starter and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities: functional expertise; integrity; forward-thinking; collaboration; hard work; compassion; excellent communication skills; mentor; leading by example.
- Demonstrates the ability to implement new ideas.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.