The Artist Manager is responsible for managing the artist and production support groups of Industrial Light & Magic Singapore. This involves consulting with Management, Producers and discipline leads to effectively manage the capacity of the studio through managing crewing, up-skilling and development of artists and production support in delivering exceptional and efficient work for the completion of shows and long term growth of the studio.
- Partner with HR & Recruiting to define and communicate ongoing recruitment requirements and strategies.
- Lead and motivate the artists through managing their performance, development and career plans, including working with training to plan for upcoming show training requirements and ongoing individual up-skilling
- Plan and manage crewing across designated disciplines for both current and future shows, taking into consideration artist capability and development, capacity and overhead aligned to fiscal plan.
- Manage and facilitate the End of Show Performance Reviews for artist and align to the delivery of annual performance reviews.
- Manage artist’s contract renewal in partnership with producers and HR, taking into consideration capacity and crewing requirements.
- Proactively manage stakeholder expectations and accountabilities, including conflict management and working relationships to ensure the smooth management of studio productivity and performance.
- Partnering with production to ensure financial management on shows, including effective management of time card entry and leave.
- Partner with studio leadership to forecast studio capacity and skill requirements based on current challenges and future studio requirements based on input from Production.
- Support and promote ILM Singapore best practices across the shows.
- Support ILM’s documentation and dissemination of best practices developed on shows.
Education / Experience
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of related experience, preferably in production and/or Human Resources
- Experience with people from a variety of cultures and in remote locations a plus.
- Significant experience with Microsoft office.
- Experience with FileMaker Pro, Power Point, Keynote desired
- Experience building and maintaining high performance teams
- Experience managing a team
- Demonstrates the ability to implement new ideas
- Understand the ILM pipeline and its implication on workflow.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Strong verbal & written communication skills; proven ability to interact effectively and professionally throughout an organization.
- Ability to practice diplomacy, discretion and reliability in approach to work
- Must be a self starter and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate strong leadership qualities: functional expertise; integrity; forward-thinking; collaboration; hard work; compassion; excellent communication skills; mentor; leading by example.
- Demonstrates the ability to implement new ideas.