Compositor, Specialized in Face Replacement
Face Replacement compositing is a new, exciting, and growing discipline within the visual effects industry. We are currently looking for people with a keen eye for, and interest in, photo realism, as well as those comfortable with the technical side of visual effects. The Compositor, Specialized in Face Replacement, is an ideal role for artists and TDs who want to try something new, and be a pioneer and trailblazer in a new area of visual effects technology. Those with a wide variety of visual effects experience and backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including Compositors, Lighters, Character TDs, Animators and Sculptors, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Use a variety of deep neural network models and technologies to produce photorealistic images, including open source tools, and proprietary in house developments
- Create precomps using CG AOV layers and exporting for training and evaluating the models
- Monitor the model progress, and assess improvements and quality; making necessary adjustments to the configuration of training
- Prepare a dataset to improve and train models, which includes :
- Gathering reference material from various sources, curating and categorizing the reference materials, and exporting image sequences
- Evaluating and exporting elements for compositors
- Creating slap comps for presentation in dailies
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years work experience in visual effects or CG industry
- A curious mind that is interested in learning new things, and enjoys experimenting and testing
- Flexible and adaptable to changing workflows, and extremely patient
- Good working knowledge of Nuke to prepare precomps and slap comps
- Good understanding of CG layers and AOV, able to make basic adjustments
- Good working knowledge using Unix shell, and comfortable running commands in that environment, and working with in-development tools that don't have GUI interfaces
- Basic knowledge of Python scripting and comfortable running Python scripts
- Interested in, or have basic familiarity with, deep neural networks
- Nice to have:
- Experience working on projects with realistic looking CGI humans
- Any experience using or training deep neural networks models, such as, familiarity with Nuke copycat, deep face labs or any face swapping tools, body pose estimation and face recognition, autoencoders and style transfer.
- Python scripting skills to automate and streamline high volume of repeated day-to-day tasks
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.