Jedi Academy Compositor
The Jedi Academy offers a two-month placement to current-year graduating students or artists with one to two years experience in VFX. The Jedi Academy provides the opportunity for graduating artists to learn from highly skilled senior artists in the discipline of Compositing.
In this paid experience, successful applicants will be carefully placed into the compositing discipline and will provide entry-level support to that team. The successful applicants will have the opportunity to gain experience in a live production environment through training, mentorship, and real shot-work experience in a fast-paced and highly collaborative production environment.
Graduates who successfully complete the program may be offered a Junior Artist position within the studio.
What You'll Do
Working in a “remote-first” fast-paced production environment, the Jedi Academy artists work closely with more senior artists and may be responsible for:
- Work with the Compositing Supervisor or Lead, and with the help of a Senior/Lead Compositor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on moderately difficult shots
- Maintain the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- Ability to work with artists from other disciplines
What We're Looking For
Applicants must provide proof of long-term eligibility to work in Canada. We do not provide assistance for relocation, housing, transportation, or work authorization for the Jedi Academy.
Applicants must have graduated from a relevant course within the last 12 months or have one to two years of VFX experience.
- Knowledge of Nuke
- Good aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and colour
- Familiarity with using Unix systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities is important
- Good time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work autonomously and in team settings
- Nice to have:
- Passionate about film and visual effects production and technology
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience is a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.