Production Coordinator (VAD)
The Virtual Art Department (VAD) bridges the gap between Production Design and VFX. Working with the VAD Producer and/or Production Manager, the VAD Production Coordinator assists the Production Art Department with scheduling, communication and coordination support to create Real Time environments and assets for Virtual Production.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with your discipline supervisors and/or leads in crewing, casting and scheduling your discipline’s body of work, keeping in mind the overall show schedule, client reviews, bids, and other discipline needs
- Establish a process for communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your discipline crew, as well as the overall show crew. This should be daily and/or weekly.
- Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within Shotgun as well as working with Production Managers to display the information in a physical form (magnet boards / conference rooms) in order to be visible to the team
- Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with artists on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc.
- Set up turnovers with discipline crew. Communicate turnover information to all artists assigned to assets or shot.
- Track client needs, reviews and deliveries to make sure your discipline hits their targets
- Keep a weekly synopsis of discipline accomplishments and next steps.
- If coordinating work from an external company, establish a process for working with them that fits with your production team, supervisors, and leads.
- Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner
- Supervise, delegate to, and train assigned Production Assistant(s)
- Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into Shotgun/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
- Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings
- Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues)
- Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues
- Ability to learn basic commands required to assist artists in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing movies
- Perform special projects as needed
- Additional responsibilities as needed on shows:
- May accompany VFX Supervisor and Layout on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and Layout information
- Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget
- Serve as the main point person between the Production and VFX Editors
- Discuss cut lengths, key frame numbers, editorial discrepancies and other specifics regarding film
- Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required
- Proven work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel Understanding of Linux required
- Must possess very strong organizational skills and have the ability to juggle multiple projects. The ability to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting strict deadlines
- Must have strong communication skills and be able to work with diverse personalities
- Attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
- Ability to travel as needed
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.