Pipeline Technical Director
Position SummaryThe Pipeline Technical Director is responsible for developing and maintaining the VFX production pipeline, and ensuring it is running smoothly and efficiently. Based within the Pipeline team you will be active in both development projects, mentoring and artist support.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science or Graphics discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in the visual effects or computer animation industries
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- A clear and concise communicator: ability to keep end users informed of progress and managers informed of requests.
- An effective listener: able to engage with and understand artists to discover what their requirements are.
- An effective time manager: must be able to prioritize a multitude of requests and not be afraid to ask for help if the path isn’t clear.
- Passionate about delivering rigorous follow-through on assigned tasks.
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker: this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- A creative thinker and innovator: able to devise and employ ingenious solutions to difficult problems.
- Strong knowledge of python programming and the Linux environment
- Experience working with revision control systems and defined coding standards
- Experience developing tools and/or plugins within industry software packages such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini or Katana
- Experience with Renderman, vray or Arnold
Preferred Skills / Technical Competencies
- Experience with database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge developing against and/or deploying Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of the standard python packaging and installation tool-chain
- VFX, Feature Animation or Episodic production experience
- Experience developing on Windows
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.