The Production Assistant is responsible for supporting the project production team on a daily basis with a wide range of duties, with the goal of a project team that functions smoothly and efficiently. It is a great opportunity to work and learn from within the core of a production team.
- Set up show meetings both physical and virtual, ensuring all project meetings run smoothly and conflicts are resolved
- Prepare and maintain the dailies playlist, including all internal communication
- Assist with creating playlists, presenting screens, and general preparation for meetings
- Be the point person for project I/O needs including mirroring files, receiving and sending files to client and other sites
- Assist the production team in keeping track of project crew’s working week, including availability, sick days and holidays
- Maintain the show crew list, and email aliases
- Send welcome emails to new crew, assist production manager with starters/leavers email
- General crew support - including arranging meals and organising crew events
- Set up and maintains updated storyboard printouts on walls in project meeting room
- Assist facilities with general office maintenance duties
Required Skills / Competencies
- Enthusiasm, excellent communication skills and attention to detail while working under pressure
- You probably have 1 or more years experience in a fast paced work environment and are great at juggling multiple priorities and working with diverse personalities
- Good computer skills, particularly excel and G-suites. Experience with Linux will be a bonus.
- Problem solving ability and a proactive approach to all situations - combined with a good sense of humor
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.