Learning & Development Lead
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Learning and Development Lead who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
Are you someone who is looking to shape the employee experience; help business leaders reach their goals; foster a culture of growth and development?
The Learning and Development Lead is someone who is an experienced facilitator and instructional designer with a strong learning background to elevate and drive our learning and development programs. Reporting to the Manager of L&D, the Learning and Development Lead will play a key role in fostering our culture of learning by designing programs and materials that support the development of our global talent base.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Manager of L&D, global HR Business Partners and senior leaders to vet learning needs and deliver comprehensive learning strategies
- Design and deliver leadership programs and resources ranging from online learning materials to in-person sessions
- Enhance and facilitate proprietary learning programs, leveraging internal resources as well as what is available from our partners at The Walt Disney Company
- Support key projects within Lucasfilm and ILM’s overall approach to talent management, including facilitating talent planning and performance review processes
- Assess individual, team and organizational learning needs, and develop impactful and scalable learning opportunities
- Apply data driven approach to continuously improve learning and development offerings
- Ensure materials are up to date and relevant to ensure a seamless experience for learners
- Oversee the department admin team in utilizing department admin tools and websites
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years developing and leading training efforts with direct experience in program facilitation, instructional design and consulting
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across diverse range of stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of relevant content areas, including the fields of management/leadership, organizational development, and adult learning theory
- Strong facilitation and program delivery skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced production environment with a passion for solving problems while being resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational capabilities
- Coaching certification a plus
- Insights Discovery certification a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% to support training needs at both UK and global locations (Singapore, Sydney, San Francisco, and Vancouver).
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.