Motion Capture Production Assistant (StageCraft)
This entry level position assists the Virtual Production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the onset virtual production environment and process at ILM. The Motion Capture Production Assistant works directly with the Motion Capture, Stage Technician, and Virtual Production Brainbar teams.
What You’ll Do
- Ongoing care and upkeep of virtual production and mocap systems, including machines, cameras, tracking objects, and cabling organization
- Assist with setup of all StageCraft equipment including workstations, monitors, networking, and motion capture systems
- Assist with Vicon hardware adjustments as directed by Motion Capture Supe and/or Mocap TD.
- Help fix the tracking objects and move cameras as directed
- Runner for Virtual Production TDs as needed for layout and calibrations
- Lend a hand to the Virtual Production engineer on media systems
- Become versed in video routing, motion capture systems, and video control software
- Aid the motion capture team in day-to-day onset activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire virtual production crew
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred
- Basic knowledge of basic A/V signal flow
- Computer literacy; word processing and spreadsheet experience helpful. G Suite experience a plus.
- Basic Linux, Windows, and OSX skills
- Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
- Ability to work extended hours as and when required
- Ability to use own transportation to fulfill job tasks and travel as needed
- Basic knowledge of motion capture and tracking workflows
- Ideally on set experience, preferably in a mocap, virtual production, or technical role
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.