Junior Compositor (TV)
Industrial Light & Magic (Vancouver) Inc., located in Vancouver, BC, the Junior Compositor combines live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Junior Compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Work with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor, and with the help of a Senior/Lead Compositor, evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Responsible for performing all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on moderately difficult shots
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work
- Ability to work with artists from other disciplines
Reports to the Senior Production Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Compositing Supervisor.
- At least 2 years of relevant VFX experience and at least a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation; OR at least 3 years of relevant professional VFX experience
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
- Experience with Nuke
- Good aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color
- Good sense of composition, color and design
- Ideal candidate has fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting
- Familiarity with using Unix systems
- Strong English communication skills
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.