Client Services Assistant-PROJECT HIRE
Position SummaryThe Client Services Assistant will provide support to the Skywalker Sound Client Services team and provide services and support to visitors and clients. This includes Skywalker Sound freelancers and employees who are working on productions.
ResponsibilitiesYou'll be a critical member of the Client Services team at Skywalker Sound and will use your considerable people and multi-tasking skills to make our clients and guests feel welcomed and well taken care of during their time working at Skywalker Sound onsite at Skywalker Ranch.
Flexibility is the key word for the Client Services Assistant. On any given day, you might:
- Assist with providing services and support to clients and their guests, including, but not limited to:
- Food prep and catering
- Tours & local transportation arrangements
- Personal shopping, facility craft and event shopping
- Run errands, including grocery shopping, facility supplies pickup, etc., on and offsite
- Deliver restocks, and clear craft on stages and in event and meeting areas
- Stocks client groceries and supplies at the Inn.
- Input guest information in the visitor registration system for productions, scoring sessions, client requests, transportation, etc.
- Coordinate client and guest arrivals & departures to the appropriate locations.
- Attend to reserved parking signs and other signage as needed for clients and events.
- Assist team with organizing and implementing special events such as staff and client dinners, wrap parties, screening receptions, tours, ranch activities, etc.
- Assist with event prep, including decorating, moving furniture, setting tables, food prep including using knives, using coffee grinders and brewers, blenders, prepping platters as directed by chef and other client services employees.
- Assist with facility maintenance requests and informs responsible parties.
- Miscellaneous cleaning including busing and washing dishes, and prepping service areas, as well as maintaining cleanliness in common areas, bathrooms, and stages.
- Assist with assembling and delivering client and employee gifts.
- Provide backup coverage for booking travel, creating expense reports, and petty cash reconciliation.
- Provide backup coverage for mail delivery and phone coverage
- Occasionally provide client transportation to / from the airport and other locations.
- Occasionally provide backup support to the executive / administrative office as requested.
- Perform special duties and projects as needed on an ongoing basis.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- Interest in catering and hospitality a must and experience working in a hospitality or other VIP environment preferred.
- Willing and able to do physical labor such as lifting heavy boxes, filling and carrying large beverage containers, and moving tables or other furniture for event setup. This is a strenuous job that includes walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be available Monday - Friday, 11am - 8pm and able to work a varied, flexible schedule including overtime - early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
- Have exceptional computer skills including with, but not limited to the following: Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Docs.
- Emote a friendly, can-do attitude and maturity to handle confidential information;
- Strong organizational and service orientation skills and attention to detail while juggling multiple projects.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to use diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- Exceptional telephone and customer service skills.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in high pressure situations.
- Exceptional creative problem solving skills. Ability to think and act flexibly.
- Proven ability to work successfully and communicate effectively as part of a team and community
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and make quick, smart decisions on how prioritize competing needs;
- Must have a valid current CA driver’s license, a car in good working order, and a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of post-production sound useful but not a prerequisite.
- College degree preferred (or equivalent work experience)