Studio Operations Coordinator
Schedules and coordinates events/meetings/screenings. Responsible for coordination of resources and staff for on-site theaters, screening rooms and digital review rooms. Provides first point of contact for and works closely with production, clients, projection staff and engineering department to resolve scheduling conflicts. Assigns projection coverage and plans for technical maintenance. Provides administrative support to the Director of Studio Technology and the Studio Technology Department.
- Receives and responds promptly to requests for screening rooms, theaters and review rooms (Approximately 10 rooms); maintains Google Calendar schedules for all rooms.
- Assures schedule reflects appropriate preparation and setup time between events.
- Assesses technical needs of room requests to ensure availability of appropriate resources; advises requesters on technical requirements and/or limitations of resources and appropriate prep and delivery of materials; assists in timely delivery and verification of incoming materials.
- Provides first point of contact for users with technical or logistical issues and escalates to appropriate individuals; informs and communicates status to affected user(s).
- Maintains a thorough understanding of presentation formats, room technology, and the required operator involvement for presentation scenarios; maintains and publishes current specifications and standards for presentation materials.
- Communicates any room technical issues to engineering department; assures timely resolution of technical work and communicates progress to affected requesters.
- Enters billing and creates invoice requests for theater rentals including both intra-company billing and external vendor billing; tracks billing in a database.
- Resolves scheduling conflicts with professional communication and diplomacy.
- Acts as first point of contact for all external special event requests; builds and maintains the theater rate card.
- Assists users with basic operation of dailies equipment when needed.
- Coordinates and schedules service outages for maintenance and repair with engineering department; communicate any planned outages with projection staff and production.
Administrative / Departmental Duties
- Responsible for managing the Director of Studio Technology’s calendar, travel coordination and other administrative tasks as necessary.
- Coordinates various Studio Technology Department meetings including booking meetings, tracking invites and publishing notes.
- Attends planning meetings with other departments when necessary.
- Coordinates weekly on-call and after hours support for appropriate departments.
- Track vacation and out of office requests for Studio Technology department.
- Trains new production staff on theater and viewstation etiquette.
- Reviews and approves weekly timecards.
- Manages office and administrative supplies for department
- Coordinates requests from the Finance department including (but not limited to): expense reports, purchase requests, capital expense reports, petty cash, and check requests.
- Works closely with projection and Public Relations staff on event planning, resource requirements and logistical concerns.
- Assists with preparation and execution of complex event logistics.
- Provides operational support for simple events as needed.
- Special projects as necessary
- Minimum 2-3 years of scheduling/planning experience in an entertainment or multimedia event production industry.
- Proven ability to support multiple Executive calendars.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills with confident, independent judgment.
- Demonstrates consistency in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience working with and understanding of theatrical terminology and the production environment preferred
- Knowledge of Feature Production, VFX, Media/Editorial and environment a plus
- Experience with planning and execution of live events a plus
- Proficiency with Google apps, Microsoft Office, Keynote, Powerpoint, Quicktime and similar programs.
- Familiarity with image and quicktime file types and resolutions.
- Familiarity with document sharing programs.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to provide innovative troubleshooting in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a discreet, diplomatic, and professional manner.