Training Technical Specialist
ILM Vancouver’s Studio Talent Group is seeking a Technical Specialist to perform two key roles: 1) to maintain Training’s hardware and computing environment to ensure that we are prepared to provide effective training for ILM’s global studios and 2) maintain and development of the Studio Talent Group’s tool set, including our internal technical documentation Content Management System.
This challenging position will offer the opportunity to discover, develop, and expand one’s skills in a dynamic, diverse, and collaborative environment.
Content Management System - Confluence:
- Support and enhance Confluence, ILM’s technical content management system, including new releases/upgrades as necessary.
- Troubleshoot Confluence related support questions.
- Collaborate with developers in Production Engineering and Information Systems to ensure Confluence is working as it should.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest tools in web development.
- Maintain resources and standards for Training. Coordinate with technical staff at ILM Vancouver, ILM Singapore, ILM Sydney, ILM San Francisco and ILM London to determine the needs for Training’s environment. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that training directories are up-to-date with current generics;
- Monitor disk space and report status to all who need to know;
- Monitor show-specific scripts;
- Set up dot files and make corrections;
- Modify scripts where needed to make sure everything is working and appropriate improvements are developed.
- Maintain proficiency in shot and asset management systems;
- Politely remind trainers and trainees to clean up their files.
- Quickly and efficiently perform all tasks as directed, assisting the trainers with scripts/software, resource updates, departmental procedures, and so on.
- Facilitate integration of new software, hardware and procedures into ILM & show specific pipelines as needed.
- Maintain vidcap tool and including new releases/upgrades as necessary.
- Troubleshoot vidcap related support questions.
Training Department Support:
- Supporting Studio Talent team with projects as needed.
- Maintain and update Wordpress sites including STG’s site, ilm-online, and survey tools, ensuring content is current and relevant.
- Post vidcaps/recordings to Confluence after Speaker Series presentations.
- Provide media updates to the ILM Production Workflow document.
- Update Lucasfilm’s internal Siggraph portal.
- Participate in Production Engineering meetings as needed to stay informed regarding any developments in technology.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree plus 1 year of related experience.
- Familiarity with film production/post production and computer graphics.
- Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background highly desired.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Strong scripting language (e.g., Python) and programming language (e.g., Python, C/C++, Java) is a must.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, 3D modeling/animation software (i.e. Maya).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
- Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.