Animator (Feature Animation & VFX)
The Animator creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and works under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project
- Participate as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Responsible for acting as a “mentor” to Entry Level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots
- Perform other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
What we’re looking for
- You probably have 3 or more years of relevant professional VFX experience and a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in traditional animation or computer animation
- Demonstrate experience working in computer animation with a focus on detailed, hyper real mocap and facial performance
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by a portfolio, demo reel and/or references
- Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision
- Excellent organization and communication skills
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.