Senior Creature Technical Director - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Senior Creature TDs are responsible for rigging and enveloping hero to background creatures, vehicles and props in Maya as well as setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, and cloth simulations. Able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
- Advanced hero-creature rigging and enveloping in Maya.
- Set up and run Maya cloth, hair, muscle simulations.
- Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines.
- Mentor entry level artists.
- Run flesh-volume simulations.
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages.
- Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya/XSI.
- Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines, such as:
- MOCAP data re-targeting in XSI/Maya;
- Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures.
Education / Experience
- At least 5-7 years of work experience as a Maya rigger in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials or producing cg characters and creatures for visual media.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Visualization, or Computer Animation is a plus.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Passion for the work.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping.
Required Technical Skills
- Sufficient knowledge of Maya rigging techniques to optimize the performance of rigs.
- Proficiency with Linux is required.
- Expertise with Maya is required.
- Experience with Python scripting.
- Feature Film experience is required.
- Demonstration of advanced rigging skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.