Production Assistant (StageCraft Content)
The Stagecraft Content Production Assistant is an entry level position that assists the Producer and Production Manager while providing an opportunity to learn about Stagecraft Content and the virtual production environment and process at ILM.
What You’ll Do
- Assists the Producer, Production Manager and Production Coordinators in day to day activities, general production errands and tasks on assigned projects
- Runs dailies sessions, notifies crew of dailies time and location. Arrives prior to the crew, pulls shots up for Dailies from the server, tracks down and contacts Artists to ensure they are present and on time. Acts as assistant to the Production Coordinator to help follow up on items after dailies.
- Assist Entering Client and/or Dailies Notes into Shotgun
- Maintain crew lists and current information for Production web page
- Speederbike & Deliver - uploads/downloads of client media + running deliver & sends for client reviews
- Creates, updates and maintains VFX show calendar including dailies, meetings, ergos, etc
- Food, Meals, and Craft Service: Shop, deliver, and maintain supply of snack foods and drinks for crew of 25-50. Orders, delivers, and cleans up meals as needed. Also tasked with conceiving, ordering, delivery and set up of thematic crew parties and ergo breaks as needed. On a rotation with the entire PA team to manage orders, reception, distribution and clean-up of overtime (OT) meals to crew working late and weekends.
- Shipping and receiving: Includes miscellaneous production correspondence; shipping and tracking video and other of items to and from ILM; and maintenance of complete shipping log for tracking and archival purposes
- Maintains and distributes storyboard shot boards updates to appropriate personnel, inputs notes, and assignees into database. Maintains updated storyboard shot boards printouts on walls and schedules.
- Maintain and order supplies in production office, handle administrative tasks such as scheduling meeting rooms, screening rooms, contacting personnel for meetings
- Collects, manages petty cash, receipts as well as expense reports, works with VFX Production Accountant to keep expenses updated
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in film production or equivalent preferred
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines
- Hungry to learn the ropes of VFX production
- Tech savvy
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Nice to have:
- Technical knowledge and ability in Linux and Windows to run programs for dailies and other meetings
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.