Executive in Charge, Vancouver Studio
Position SummaryThe Executive in Charge is responsible for partnering with creative leadership to ensure successful delivery of VFX productions while overseeing studio operations in ILM’s Vancouver Studio.
We are looking for a proven leader who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
Primary ResponsibilitiesOn any given day, you might partner with Global Executives, Vancouver’s Creative Director, and Global Executive Producers to:
- Provide production leadership to the studio by embracing best practices and proactively monitoring shows to drive strategies for successful delivery, including accommodating VFX changes and growth, solving resource capacity/utilization conflicts and managing complex challenges across the portfolio.
- Oversee Vancouver CG talent strategy and management. Strategize on key creative and production casting.
- Manage Vancouver artist capacity and assignments in a fluid and global production environment.
- Oversee artist utilization, recruiting, career development, technology, training, overhead & show budgets as well as facilities operations for the Vancouver studio.
- Work with Global Executives and the Vancouver Senior Manager of HR to implement Diversity & Inclusion strategy, org development, change management, and compensation strategy.
- Lead day-to-day Vancouver studio operations by delivering internal communication, promoting culture building, facilitating public relations, resolving facility issues, and steering studio events.
- Manage studio P&L; plan and manage annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts; manage overhead costs and tax credit reviews; review and approve budgets for all Vancouver departments.
- Work with the Head of Technology and Director of Studio Technology on Vancouver-based initiatives.
Required Skills / CompetenciesHere are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- You have a strong understanding of visual effects techniques, VFX bidding and scheduling, and artist management. You are a pro at partnering with creatives.
- People follow your lead. You are a compelling communicator with an informed point of view.
- You are an outstanding people manager/supervisor, mentor and collaborator with experience as a leader in a global organization.
- You are excited to ensure the long-term success of the studio.
- You are able to travel as needed.
- You probably have ten or more years experience in show and department leadership at large scale motion picture production companies or VFX companies. If not, consider applying anyway.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.