Junior Digital Model Shop Artist
Position SummaryThe Digital Model Shop Junior Artist is a unique role that contributes to the creation of production assets. Using a variety of modeling and texturing software, proprietary pipeline tools, and working under the supervision of Senior Level, Model and Texture Supervisors, the position combines technical skills with aesthetic sensibilities to ensure high quality and technically correct assets are delivered for use by production.
- Ability to perform basic model and texture tasks, while wrangling assets for several shows simultaneously
- Maintain libraries for model and texture assets
- Perform quality control checks for assets built in house, and by external vendors
- Support the Digital Model Shop supervisors with any one-off tasks.
- Work with other departments and DMS ATD to troubleshoot the asset pipeline
- Gathering reference when needed
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Architectural/Industrial Design, or at least 1 year of entry-level production experience modeling and texturing.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Strong sense of scale and proportion and how mechanical elements function
- Good organization and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision
- A demo reel demonstrating a strong understanding of model/texture principles and artistic ability
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Traditional model building
- Experience with Zbrush and/or Mari
- Experience and a firm understanding of Maya, Photoshop