Immersive Technical Sound Designer
The pulsating hum of a lightsaber. The thunderous footsteps of a stalking Tyrannosaurus Rex. The awesome roar of Star-Lord’s Milano. For more than a generation, Skywalker Sound has created soundscapes that have redefined aural immersion.
With origins based in Ben Burtt’s landmark work on 1977’s Star Wars, Skywalker Sound specializes in sound design, mixing, and audio production across multiple mediums. From the gathering of real-life, organic sounds to developing new techniques in sound presentation, Skywalker Sound remains one of the world’s most innovative facilities — eager to explore, create, and venture into the unknown.
The Skywalker Sound spatial audio team designs and implements immersive audio experiences using techniques that advance the state of the art in the new realities (VR, AR, MR, hyper-reality). The team works closely with multiple clients and development partners to identify, develop, and support technology solutions, workflows and interfaces for immersive media. The team ensures that all interactive audio content is held to the same brand standards as Skywalker Sound’s cinematic film experiences.
- 8+ week on-site contract technical audio designer
- Implement spatial audio in Unreal Engine and Audiokinetic Wwise for interactive VR
- Unreal Engine
- Audiokinetic Wwise
- Spatial audio plugins including Oculus Audio, Steam Audio, or Google Resonance, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
- Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, proactive attitude
- 3-5 shipped titles including at least one AAA FPS and/or interactive VR experience
- C++ for UE4
- Wwise interactive music systems
- Avid Pro Tools
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation
- Position is located near San Rafael, CA and includes regular travel to San Francisco, CA