Senior Compositors combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Senior Compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
- Work with the Compositing Supervisor and Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate the creative and technical approach for assigned shots.
- Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading on difficult shots.
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Create generic looks for other artists to apply.
- Work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines.
- Independently provide solutions to technical and aesthetic problems with minimal direction, and can handle the most difficult tasks under intense time pressure.
- Reports to the CG Talent Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Compositing Supervisor.
- At least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR,
- At least 7 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
- Strong knowledge of Nuke.
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color.
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong sense of composition, color and design.
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting.
- Can quickly learn new software and techniques.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with using Linux systems.
- Previous experience in look development and sequence supervision is ideal.
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus.
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus.