Sr Production Finance Analyst
Industrial Light & Magic is looking for a Sr. Production Finance Analyst to join the Production Accounting Department.
The Sr. Production Finance Analyst is responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for bidding and tracking specific project(s), which requires an understanding of accounting principles. This position requires working with discretion as to work details on assignments of a varied nature and will provide general and specialized analysis support. This position also works closely with VFX Producers, production staff, and other departments including general accounting, legal, and FP&A.
Primary ResponsibilitiesCollaboration and Teamwork are keywords for the Production Financial Analyst. On any given day, you might:
- Maintain assigned production accounting records.
- Assist Producers in bidding projects and analyzing historical data to inform key bidding assumptions
- Prepare reports for and attends Executive bid approval meetings
- Assist Producers in managing budgets and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) Reports.
- Work with other ILM facilities in developing budgets, EFC, and weekly status reports.
- Prepare scenario planning and cost projections, including estimating various regional tax incentives.
- Prepare cost analyses and other special reports as needed.
- Prepare weekly status reports for the VFX Producer and Executive Management.
- Prepare weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
- Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
- Provide show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
- Work with legal to assure contracts are in place and contractual terms are followed.
- Work with external production manager to integrate remote facility and outside vendor documentation.
- Handle other responsibilities to support the facility as a whole as assigned.
- Provide training and support for Bidding Tools and forms
Education / Experience
- Bachelors degree is required and a C.P.A. or M.B.A. is strongly encouraged.
- 6-8 years of professional experience.
- 3+ years feature (or entertainment/advertising industries) production finance accounting experience in a multi-currency environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
- An energetic, resourceful, and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation. Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to working in creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
- Strategic business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated, seasoned, and self-assured.
- A well-developed sense of humor, which helps to bring perspective and energy to the team.
Desired Skills / Competencies
- An understanding of the Visual Effects production process is a plus, but not required