Senior Animators are responsible for creating
- Lead creation of outstanding animation for graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using various animation software programs.
- Comprehend and execute direction from Lead Animator or Animation Supervisor.
- May supervise the work of entry, mid and mid-high level animators at the discretion of the Animation Supervisor.
- Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Expected to train and mentor new Animators as well as provide technical assistance to the show supervisors before and during the production.
- Maintain or exceed a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing
- Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
- Occasionally may be required to perform hands-on shot work on
showand provide reference performances including motion capture performances as part of assigned shot work and to assist the animation team
Education / Experience
- At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
- Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel
- Completion of a minimum of two years as a Mid-Level Animator in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
- Excellent organization and communications skills.
- Proficiency with Linux desired.
- Expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs
- Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques