Virtual Production Producer - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Virtual Production Producer bids, schedules and crews Virtual Production projects across ILM’s portfolio of shows. In partnership with key production, creative and technology leadership, this role creates and executes ILM and the client’s vision for Virtual Production in concert with the operations teams running and maintaining ILM’s Volumes, as needed. This role is fluent in the latest ILM Virtual Production workflows as well as the latest industry and vendor offerings, and helps guide clients through methodology discussions, both related to on-set and VFX aspects that may be required. May also oversee new StageCraft volume builds, either “pop up” or permanent.
Primary job focus is budget and schedule, in collaboration with the Client and ILM Production Management; and for managing overall Client relationship, in conjunction with StageCraft and ILM Executive Production.
What You’ll Do
- Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and technical requirements for Virtual Production projects, including pre-production processes and VFX content creation.
- Partner with Key Creatives to develop the approach for creating the virtual production work and provide clients with estimates of budget & schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
- Serves as principal client contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed.
- Leads team of Virtual Production staff, including Associate Virtual Production Producers and Production support in setting priorities and objectives for various projects, including on-set Virtual Production shoots. Manages crew performance and provides feedback appropriately in partnership with the management team.
- Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
- Participate and oversee work on-set as required.
- Based on need, may oversee a project or projects through the virtual production schedule, or may pass off the project to a different team to carry through.
- Create, organize, and maintain overall project schedule.
- Estimate project budgets and initiate cost controls for each production.
- Evaluate EFC and work with production accountants to provide management with early, consistent, and accurate EFC reporting.
- Play a proactive key role in marketing ILM's services to the industry.
- Partners with key third party partners to staff Virtual Production projects appropriately when needed.
- Shares responsibility for the success of the entire ILM virtual production portfolio by proactively managing the schedule; utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Film or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Five years work experience in production management to include strong working knowledge of Visual Effects techniques and terminology.
- Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
- The role will likely require weekend work, as determined by show schedules
- The role may also require:
- Travel for client meetings and/or plate shoot
- Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.