ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking an HR Specialist to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Human Resources Specialist will be responsible for providing support and guidance to employees and our support service business leaders in all HR areas and to drive the deployment of our overall Human Resources strategy.
- Manage day to day HR Operations outside of GHRO, including payroll process, contracts, orientation, onboarding and offboarding
- Manages the visa application process for candidates relocating to Australia
- Assist managers with day to day questions on HR Programs such as performance management, compensation, talent retention, benefits, learning and development.
- Partners with facilities to manage the O,H&S program and ensure requirements are met, including workers compensation claims
- Assist with administration of the benefits and wellness program
- Coordinates logistics of HR based training programs
- Assist in the development and update of studio policies practices
- Assist in the management of the HR life cycle programs such as merit planning, performance, promotions and out of cycle requests
- Administers day-to-day personnel changes including using various systems to update information, communicate changes, and direct HRIS in processing the changes.
- Manage project employee renewal process including extensions, tracking of exit dates, database input, reporting, and status communication with management.
- Assist in driving the business principles of inclusion and to take an active role in generating a sense of belonging across the business
- Participates as a member of the ILM HR Team, including involvement in team meetings, learning opportunities and team-building activities.
- Performs special projects as needed on an on-going basis.
- Generates weekly and ad hoc data reports, as necessary
Education / Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources or similar discipline
- Minimum of two years experience in a HR Coordinator or Advisor position
- Experience in both startups and large organizations and entertainment/creative industry preferred.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and understand cultural differences.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Proven ability to interact effectively within the department, across and outside the organization.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Proven ability to work efficiently, effectively as part of a team, and independently where assigned.
- A good working knowledge of G-Suite, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Prior experience using payroll systems preferred (ADP, SAP, Workday).
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.