Emerging Talent Manager - Vancouver/San Francisco Studio(s)
Working closely with ILM Vancouver/San Francisco Studio’s talent leadership team, the Emerging Talent Manager is responsible for implementing and delivering programmes in the areas of outreach and engagement for the Vancouver/San Francisco Studio's emerging talent strategy.
We are looking for a leader who reflects the innovative spirit, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…
- Oversee key strategic initiatives within the Vancouver/San Francisco Studio(s) related to emerging talent outreach and engagement
- Work closely with talent leadership teams in the Vancouver/San Francisco Studio(s) to offer pragmatic and informed emerging talent solutions which meet both the business need and wider/global people agenda, e.g. diversity and inclusion, mentorship and recruitment programmes etc.
- Manage programs, e.g. all Jedi Academy initiatives including Internships, Grads and Trainees and students as appropriate in partnership with the Director of Talent Development. Participate in internal talent development programs (ie mentorship)
- Evaluate the success of emerging talent programs, reporting results to the studio management team
- Establish B.C. Government relationships to foster a collaboration between the provincial and federal Government and emerging talent strategies
- Be a primary contact for grant or funding applications related to emerging talent, coordinating all reports and deliverables as required
- Build and/or further develop relationships with key education establishments including schools, colleges, universities, apprenticeship training providers etc. to develop awareness of ILM’s programmes
- Partner with studio leadership and Recruitment teams to represent ILM at industry events and working groups in the areas of emerging talent and education, e.g. monthly VFX roundtable meetings
- In Vancouver, manage and evaluate requests for speakers at educational and industry events, liaising with talent/line managers
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- An interest in and knowledge of VFX industry
- Ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects that cut across multiple business units
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate well at all levels of the organisation
- Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or you have gained that experience by working in our industry. Experience in project management
- Competent use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive)
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.