Senior Systems Administrator - Expression of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
Position SummaryILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
- Actively monitor, maintain and specify computer servers.
- Actively monitor, maintain and specify computer workstations.
- Monitor, maintain and specify internal networks.
- Monitor, maintain and specify externally facing networks.
- Maintain user accounts. Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Perform a range of tasks to ensure the highest level of security across the digital systems at ILM.
- Analyse, debug, isolate and remedy issues.
- Manage day to day operations such as deployments, networking changes, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the Technology team and with the wider set of colleagues at all ILM sites.
- Provide ad-hoc support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports as required
Education / Experience
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent
Required Skills / Competencies
- Previous system administration experience required.
- Network administration experience required.
- Proven experience required across Linux, OSX and Windows platforms.
- Strong experience required across AD, DNS, DHCP, NIS, LDAP.
- Experience with VM configuration.
- Experience with configuration management systems eg. Ansible, Salt, CFEngine, etc.
- Experience with OS deployment systems eg. iPXE, SCCM
- Experienced with monitoring technologies such as PRTG, InMon, Zabbix, etc
- Experience with Google GSuite administration.
- Linux command line and scripting skills eg. Bash/Csh/Python/Perl/etc.
- Provide direct user support when necessary, which includes hardware, software and peripherals.
- Good knowledge of operating system internals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter with exceptional organization skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks
- Detailed and methodical approach to trouble shooting and resolving issues
- Team player who will strive to maximize team/department performance
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with high performance storage systems eg. Isilon, NetApp, etc.
- Experience with disk and tape backup technologies eg. NetBackup, etc.
- Familiar with cloud and web technologies eg. AMS, Apache, Nginx, etc.
- Content creation packages eg. Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Photoshop, etc.
- Blade servers and distributed rendering systems
- Blade workstations, Teradici portals etc.
- Licensing software eg. FlexLM, RLM, etc.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.