ILMxLAB Concept Artist
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset, and passion for great, story-driven experiences that define ILM & ILMxLAB.
The Concept Artist partners with the marketing and game teams to create key art, define style and help bring ideas to life.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop finished pieces of key art from layout to final delivery at a high level of quality
- Work with the art director, artists, and designers to explore concepts and solve problems visually
- Develop a broad range of concepts and/or leverage existing assets such as characters, creatures, environments, architecture, vehicles, weapons, props and FX to help define the vision
- Gather and review needed photographic reference material to add important details and build believability in your concepts
- Explore color palettes and lighting schemes through quick studies to build readable and believable spaces
- Create concepts to rapidly explore different designs in both greyscale sketch and color
- Create promotional artwork for Marketing/PR and advertising purposes
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years game industry experience
- Experience with 3D software such as ZBrush, Blender, Maya, Modo to quickly and accurately rough out environment/character layouts and compositions
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a big plus
- Environment and component ideation and design
- Traditional illustration skills in multiple media and excellent drawing skills, matte painting experience
- Fundamental skills including good use of line, light, shadow, and color
- Experience with storyboard creation & cinematic storytelling
- Able to work with specific styles, including a style set by another artist or art director
- Portfolio showing past concept art pieces created for films/games/interactive experiences
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.