Senior Texture Artist
The Senior Texture Artist is responsible for creating the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production.
- Works independently and with production team (VFX Supervisor, Texture Supervisor, Look Dev Supervisor) at an advanced level to execute the desired look of complicated CG models, including complex creatures and/or hard surface models, including ships, real world vehicles and environments.
- Participates as a team member in determining various design solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
- Mentors junior and mid-level Artists.
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
- Reports to the Talent Manager, DMS and receives daily oversight and direction from the VFX/Look Dev/Texture Supervisor.
Education / Experience
- At least five years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least seven years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Proficient in Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Photoshop and UV unwrapping tools
- Ability to navigate complex pipelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Modeling skills a plus.
- Katana/Look Dev knowledge a plus.