CG Supervisor (TV)
The CG Supervisor (TV) ensures all delivered shots maintain the group’s rigorous standards and support the creative vision of the Director by directing the artists’ creative work, technical skills and communication.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for leading and mentoring the digital artists in technical direction work.
- Maintain high technical standards and strive to maintain an up-to- date understanding of ILM’s standards, advancements and best practices. Communicating this knowledge to the production group.
- Responsible for bidding and scheduling TD work for the show.
- Demonstrate good listening and communication skills by openly receiving and understanding direction and criticism from ILM Supervisors and communicating and defining their expectations to the production group.
- Must be a seasoned cross-group communicator and collaborator.
- Demonstrates basic presentation and communication skills in dailies and shot review by clearly and briefly outlining accomplishments and areas of issue.
- Must possess a keen eye for aesthetic detail and the ability to effectively communicate with both the creative and production staff at ILM.
- Possess the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well, providing accurate time estimates for shot completion.
- At least six years of relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma or higher in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR at least eight years of relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
- Excellent knowledge of the pipeline (both proprietary and 3rd party).
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Python and shell scripting required.
- Strong awareness of deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates excellent listening and communication skills by openly receiving direction and criticism by asking good questions to confirm clear understanding of the directions and how to approach what needs to be done. Once clear, implements the requested changes immediately and raises flags right away.
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in the creative process without ego, and accepts all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude.
- Demonstrates an excellent eye toward anticipating potential problems and knowing exactly what could look better in one’s shot and an excellent knowledge of how to use the tools to achieve the desired look.
- Demonstrates superb problem solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks managing time very well, providing everyone with accurate time estimates on shot task completion.
- Demonstrates the ability to help and teach more junior level artists and lead others on huge shots or small sequences.
- Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar of for speed, quality of work and adaptability.
- Conversant in FX TD methodologies.
- Look dev and/or shader writing preferred, layout and matchmove a plus.
- Familiar with Maya, Katana, Zeno and Nuke.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.