Technical Support Intern
Industrial Light & Magic London are looking to hire two (2) Technical Support Assistants to work a gap year during their Computer Science degree. This offers the opportunity to work for a world class operator in the motion picture VFX/CGI industry.
The roles are suited to individuals who want to pursue a career in IT Support/Infrastructure/Systems or similar once their degree is completed.
- Support London based employees through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues, working on a number of open cases at one time and working through problems to completion.
- Set up new users' accounts and profiles
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications, including VFX software such as Maya, Nuke and Photoshop
- Support existing IT staff and colleagues in day to day operations
Required Skills / Competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Enthusiastic self-starter, even to mundane tasks
- Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks when required
- Team player who will strive to maximise team/department harmony
Required Technical Skills
- Understanding of computer hardware and software packages, e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows,
- Familiarity with MSOffice, googlemail and web browsers
- Knowledge of CG software and tools an advantage, but not essential
You Will Receive
- On the job training and on going support
- A project to undertake to dovetail with your degree
- A professional, fun, relaxed environment
- Daily fresh fruit, breakfast provided
- Ability to attend on going company events, workshops, show & tells
- The chance to work for an industry leader
- Monthly salary
Placement can begin Summer 2021
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.