Desktop Support Specialist
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Desktop Support Specialist provides high-performance operations support in a startup user environment. The position focuses on troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows, SCCM, Centos Linux, MAC OSX, VMware, MS Office, e-mail, Internet connections, and hardware/peripherals IT systems and support their users in an efficient, professional, courteous, and prompt manner.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…
- Efficient installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software in Linux and Windows environments.
- Manage end user expectations and systems issues using technical and client service skills.
- Act as the first point of contact for staff support requests and escalate as necessary.
- Manage the fundamentals of IT security protocol (account administration, etc.)
- Properly integrate devices such as printers, scanners, and digitizing tablets with Linux, Macintosh and Windows systems.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
- Excellent understanding of technology and the role of the client in relation to the larger IT infrastructure.
- Strong skills in Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) and/or Macintosh operating system (OSX). Command line experience required. Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
- Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers and customers.
- Team player that strives to maximize team/department performance.
- Able to manage time effectively, triage and prioritize based on production needs.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.