16 weeks, paid internship, commencing Spring/Summer 2022.
The IT Intern will be assisting the IT Department in ensuring that systems and services are ready and operational for production use. The IT Intern will help with testing new products and technology used by ILM Vancouver’s production departments as part of a larger project team. The IT Intern will assist with infrastructure audits including planning for and completion of both back- and front-end technology refresh cycles. The successful candidate will contribute to operational improvements within the team, such as developing scripts to automate and solve task-related problems, reviewing existing services and procedures, and reporting on findings to the team.
What You'll DoThe ILM IT team based out of ILM Vancouver’s downtown office, works closely with other Lucasfilm and ILM divisions, including production, corporate and Disney business segments. We deliver a broad range of IT services, either directly or in partnership with other teams, in order to help ensure the delivery of client projects. This includes hardware and software for desktop, network, storage, servers and media systems and much more.
- Build and deploy desktop systems at scale, including Linux, Windows and Mac
- Provide assistance to both onsite and remote operations
- Contribute to daily operational tasks, including managing inventory, resolving support tickets and general troubleshooting
- Assist as needed with work on systems and infrastructure such as storage, servers and core services both in the cloud and on-premise
What We're Looking For
- This position is open to anyone with a deep interest in technology and its application to creative and media production, such as visual effects, games, animation, sound or music and would be particularly suitable for someone pursuing a degree in Media, Computer Science or a similar degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities is important.
- Good time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Competent at working autonomously and in team settings
- Nice to have:
- Passionate about film and visual effects production and technology
- The ability to think logically and break complex issues into smaller tasks/steps when troubleshooting
- Familiar with desktop and server hardware components including repair and basic troubleshooting
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, including Linux, Windows and Mac
- Exposure to programming concepts and experience with shell/bash or Python
- Familiarity with databases, network storage and virtualization technology a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.