Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist (TV)
The Junior Matchmove / Layout Artist’s role is to ensure a smoothly running environment for the artists of the Layout Department, while keeping strong communication with the other departments. This position requires a pro-active individual with good people skills. The position reports to layout supervisor on the show.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Day-to-day show support
- Troubleshoot flow of data in/out of department
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Entry level shot work, time permitting
- Strong, honest, communication and follow through; Proactive, self-sufficient individual
- Responsible for escalation of tech issues to appropriate show or tech group
- Some background in visual arts a plus
- Collaboration with stage team may be required
- Create reusable templates
- Support Layout Supervisor with vendor shot ingestion and quality control
- Mocap processing in shot production
- Able to solve straightforward matchmoves of single plate shots
- Understands the process of setting up a new shot
- Understands process of 2D tracking and solving the camera, exporting and maketaking them
- Create and maintain web documentation for the department for everyday workflow, on-location field guides, reference photography, 3D scanning, and camera and lens test procedures
- Software testing
- Maintain database of cameras and lenses
- Location laptop set up or QC
Reports to the Senior Production Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Layout Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Design or Photography, and equivalent experience as an artist, animator, or camera operator.
- Proven track record of delivering high end VFX across a range of episodic television genres
- Strong understanding of the pace and production process of episodic television
- Experience with still photography and in-depth camera knowledge, familiarity with lenses
- Interest in photography, camera lenses, motion capture
- Experience with Maya and Photoshop.
- Scripting knowledge (Python, Mel) a plus
- Proficiency with Linux is desired.
- Experience with commercial camera tracking software a plus.
- A demo reel or portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of camera lens is required.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.