ILMxLAB Production Manager (Interactive Producer)
ILMxLAB is seeking a skilled Technical Production Manager with experience managing end-to-end production on multiple interactive titles for a Production Manager position.
Production Managers (‘PMs’) are project leaders who are responsible for managing day-to-day development activities on ILMxLAB’s immersive entertainment projects. They create and maintain the project roadmap and manage the internal and external work toward successful milestone completions. PMs report to the project’s (Lead) Producer on a daily basis, and to the Director, Production for performance management and career development.
What You’ll Do
- Create and manage overall project schedules, resource plans, and deliverables for projects across all disciplines from creative development through product delivery. Maintain these and other supporting documents to track and report on project’s status and overall progress/completion
- Plan and manage work across all disciplines from pre-production through delivery by using ILMxLAB’s best practices for scheduling and determining the optimal mix of internal talent and third-party partners; oversee implementation of the schedule by guiding and directing production staff and department managers, and communicating project goals, schedules, deadlines, and other information to the project team members, and internal/external stakeholders
- Work with technical and creative leads to define project workflows, milestones and execution plans. Participate in project scoping activities to gain context for effective production scheduling
- Own talent resource allocation for the project, both internal and external, and partner with the Production Resource Manager to fill the required capacity. Prepare vendor bidding packages, contribute to vendor cost analysis and weekly cost reporting as needed
- Evaluate and learn individual team members’ strengths in order to assign work appropriately; help develop cross-utilization of resources to promote an effective workflow
- In conjunction with the Producer(s), manage the production team on a daily basis, including giving direction to Associate Production Managers, Coordinators and Production Assistants, defining their responsibilities for the project, prioritizing their work, and providing performance feedback and growth opportunities
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget, and creative/design goals
- Proactively mitigate risks and recommend scope changes to Producer and department supervisors as necessary
- Contribute to the project bidding process, including budgeting, checking EFCs, and capacity planning
- Able to step up as production leader when the Producer is out of office or otherwise engaged, including with partner/client communication. Responsible for ‘2nd lieutenant’ level duties with the production crew
- Recommend and implement new processes to improve efficiencies for on-time/on-budget delivery
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years experience as a Producer (or equivalent) in video games or interactive software development
- Two or more complete product development cycles/shipped titles
- Extensive experience scheduling projects with complex dependencies, an ability to identify major risks, and a comprehensive understanding of the interactive development process from concept to release
- Ability to problem-solve, balance priorities and multi-task efficiently within a fast-paced creative environment which requires adaptability and flexibility
- Demonstrate qualities of an effective, experienced project manager: integrity; diplomacy; empathy; forward-thinking; collaboration; compassion; dedication; patience
- Ability to motivate and empower teams, foster collaboration and communicate effectively with team members of all levels while displaying team leadership skills
- Ability to focus not only on project needs, but also with consideration for priorities of the Studio
- Attention to detail, consistent follow through and strong communication skills
- Excellent time and resource management skills
- Ability to self-motivate and meet deliverables while working independently.
- Proficiency in project planning tools such as Google/Excel Spreadsheets, MS Project, Smartsheet, and task management tools such as JIRA, Asana, etc.
- Nice to have:
- Additional experience in traditional film/tv production, game cinematics production, real-time immersive (Virtual Reality, Augmented/Mixed Reality), and/or virtual production is a plus
- Experience managing both internal and external development teams is a plus
- Professional experience with both agile and waterfall project management methodologies is a plus
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.