Hard Surface Modeler
HARD SURFACE MODELER – LONDON STUDIO
With an emphasis on proportion, form, detail, and functionality, the hard surface modeler creates three-dimensional objects to be painted, animated and used in a production.
On any given day, your primary responsibilities and accountabilities will include:
• Actively creates three-dimensional hard surface models like mechanical objects, environments, and props for the Animator, Painter, and Technical Director. Employs specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensures that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production.
• In building an object, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, an understanding of mechanisms, and a basic understanding of animation.
• Actively works with the production team (Sr. Modeler, Technical Directors, Painters and Animators) to determine the “look” for an object.
• Driven to build the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Proven experience creating inorganic objects in a feature film or production environment, using CG software.
• Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques.
• Proven polygon/subd modeling experience. Texture painting and UV layout experience desirable
• Sketching, drawing, painting and design skills are desirable.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.