Compositors combine live action and computer generated elements into visual effects shots that realize the vision and creative direction of the client and Visual Effects Supervisor. The Compositor is ultimately responsible for the aesthetic integrity and technical quality of the final image delivered to the client.
- Alongside Compositing Supervisor and VFX Supervisor, evaluates creative and technical approach for assigned shots
- Performs all tasks associated with the Compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and colour grading on moderately difficult to very difficult shots.
- Maintains the overall look, colour balance, and quality for assigned shots and sequences to create uniformity in all finished work.
- Ability to work collaboratively with artists from other disciplines.
- Reports to the CG Talent Manager and receives daily oversight and direction from the CG or Compositing Supervisor.
Education / Experience
- At least 3 years relevant professional VFX experience and at least a college level diploma in computer graphics, fine arts, design, or photography, or related field; OR, at least 5 years relevant professional VFX experience in lieu of education.
Required Technical Competencies
- Strong knowledge of Nuke.
- Strong aesthetic skills in judging photo-realism and color.
- Ability to work gracefully under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong sense of composition, color and design.
- Ideal candidate has strong fine arts foundation skills, such as photography and photographic lighting.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Familiarity with using Unix systems.
- Ability to write Nuke gizmos and/or plugins is a plus.
- Python and/or C++ experience a plus.