Production Financial Analyst (StageCraft)
Position SummaryWe are looking for a Production Financial Analyst who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The ideal Production Financial Analyst is a resourceful and hands-on team player who is responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for specific project(s) using a combination of detailed accounting and financial planning strategies. They will provide both general and specialized analysis support, while working with discretion as to the work details on assignments that cover a variety of projects. The Production Financial Analyst also works closely with VFX Producers, production staff, and other departments including general accounting, legal, and FP&A.
What you’ll do
- Assist Producers in managing all financial aspects of StageCraft Projects:
- Budgets and Estimated Final Cost (EFC) Reports.
- Weekly status reports for the VFX Producer and Executive Management.
- Prepare weekly billings for re-billable costs as required.
- Review weekly detail reports for accuracy and makes reclassification as required.
- Prepare multi project “portfolio” reporting for Executive Management.
- Participate in designing the production/finance workflow for StageCraf.t
- Work with legal to assure contracts are in place and contractual terms are followed.
- Provide show information needed for facility forecasting and planning.
- Prepare cost analyses and other special reports as needed.
- Work on non-StageCraft projects as needed, including partnering with other ILM facilities in developing budgets, EFC, and weekly status reports.
- Prepare scenario-planning and cost projections, including estimating various regional tax incentives.
- Work with external production manager to integrate remote facility and outside vendor documentation.
- Handle other responsibilities to support the facility as a whole as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- 6-8 years of professional experience or more years experience in...
- A Bachelor's Degree in [Finance] or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry. Having a CPA or MBA is strongly encouraged
- 3+ years feature (or entertainment/advertising industries) production finance accounting experience in a multi-currency environment.
- A deep understanding of accounting principles
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
- Must be flexible, adaptable to working in a creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
- Strategic business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated, seasoned, and self-assured.
- A well-developed sense of humor, which helps to bring perspective and energy to the team.
- An understanding of the Visual Effects production process is a plus, but not required
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.