Global Network Engineer
The Global Network Engineer team is responsible for the installation, maintenance, support, and performance of all network systems including switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, vpn’s, etc, and all related equipment and services, throughout the Lucasfilm and ILM facilities, domestic and international.
We are looking for an engineer with heavyweight global networking expertise who is particularly comfortable working in a corporate global organisation discussing mid and long term strategy with Lucas film senior tech staff and the wider Disney network & security group, as well as adding value and knowledge at a local level.
Some of the skills and competencies required are listed below;
Required Technical Skills
- Network switching and routing (Brocade, in particular), firewalls (Palo Alto, in particular), load balancers, VPN appliances.
- Knowledge of carrier technologies such as DWDM, BGP, IPv6 experience as well as the ability to work well with network providers for installation and troubleshooting.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Deep knowledge of networking technologies including: OSPF, BGP, VRF, MPLS, DWDM/CWDM, VxLAN, IPSEC, sFlow, Spanning-tree configurations and troubleshooting.
- Have knowledge of IP and be able to troubleshoot various issues using packet sniffers.
- Thorough understanding of system performance issues and tuning.
- Deep understanding of IT security concepts, procedures and implementations.
- Proven experience designing, building, automating and running large-scale technical infrastructures in a multi-site, multi-platform environment.
- Proven experience in mentoring peers to increase the technical skills and abilities of the team.
- Excellent and thorough documentation skills.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience creating distributed, scalable systems that are fault tolerant and reliable.
Preferred Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of ITIL framework concepts.
- Experience in systems automation and config management eg. CFEngine, Ansible, Python, etc.
- Understanding of storage clusters, fiber channel, NAS and associated storage technologies.
- Understanding of server and client operating systems across Linux, Mac and Windows.
- Understanding of monitoring systems such as PRTG, Zabbix, InMon, etc.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science, or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience as a senior professional IT Network Engineer, preferably in the visual effects or computer animation industries (or similar), building and supporting networking technologies in a multi-platform high performance production environment.