ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s four studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Network Engineer to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
ILM's Network engineering team designs, engineers and administers the company network infrastructure including firewall rule management, wired and wireless infrastructure management, and production systems network infrastructure. Responsibilities will be based largely in our Sydney office but support of our other facilities will likely be required.
- Configure and maintain and upgrade software of network equipment – both LAN and WAN.
- Diagnose and repair networks and problems associated with switch/routers and hosts providing services.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Configure and troubleshoot the network that supports connectivity to the business' applications.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose advanced network problems.
- Monitor the incident queue and take ownership of issues needing resolution.
- Produce detailed implementation instructions or carry out required changes to complete tasks/projects, resolve incidents/problems, and for changes/improvements requested by management and the architecture teams.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents and update/maintain all documentation requested by management
- Monitor network logs and activities to ensure high levels of on-line performance and reliability are obtained within the client/server environment.
- Participate in and Perform escalations and triage to resolve service interruptions.
- Participate and respond to after-hours on-call rotations
Education / Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science and/or equivalent experience in a corporate IT environment.
- Minimum of 4 years prior experience in network and communications systems ideally in a Visual Effects/Post-Production/Film Production environment.
Required Skills / Competencies
- Knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches, load-balancers and related network equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF & BGP, Fabric/Mesh technologies, spanning-tree configuration and issue troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of network security management tools and concepts including, Firewalls, IPS, AV, load-balancers, air-gap configurations, and ACLs.
- Diagnosing network issues end-to-end, from physical connectivity for servers and other devices, to VLAN configurations, access-list, NAT issues.
- Have knowledge of IP protocols, and be able to troubleshoot connectivity issues using Wireshark/Tcpdump/snoop.
- Ability to learn new applications and systems on the job is required.
- Willingness to take on tasks beyond job scope.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others required.
- Energetic, self-motivated with the ability to efficiently multi-task in an organized manner in a fast-paced environment with many demands and priorities required.
- Up to 8 hours/day on computer.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Travel to other campuses as needed